A. Acknowledgment and Name of Gift
ASU Foundation gratefully acknowledges that the Donor, the Law Offices of Donald. W. Hudspeth PC, has made and has agreed to make additional contributions to ASU Foundation to advance Arizona State University, in particular he ASU Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law, for this Purpose:
Law Offices of Donald W. Hudspeth Scholarship
B. Award Criteria
Initial award Criteria
It is the Donor’s preference for the award recipient to be a first-year student who meets one or more of the following criteria:
- Is starting law school later in life; for example, after a gap in schooling or after spending time the workforce; or
- Has work experience in business, accounting, tax, or paralegal education; or
- Holds an undergraduate degree in philosophy, math, or physics; or
- Has overcome adversity in their life; for example, being raised in a single-parent home, or being a single parent themselves.
Additional Supplemental Award
During the time the Endowment is being funded or is receiving Fund Payout, should the award recipient meet the following criteria, and should there be conditional funds available in the spending account, the Donor wishes to award that recipient a 2nd year scholarship:
- The student has shown tangible indications of interest in tax or business law through elective coursework, participation in the student Corporate and Business Law Society, Law Journal articles, or extra-curricular activities.
C. Spirit and Intent of the Donor
The founder of the Law Offices of Donald W. Hudspeth P.C., Donald W. Hudspeth, is a 1998 alumnus of the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law, and is making this generous commitment through his firm as a way of offering support to and saying “thank you” to the school that helped to change his life. Donald Hudspeth is proud and grateful that he is now in a position to make this gift to his alma mater. This donation not only allows him to give back to the College but will allow him to help current law students who deserve and need help. Just as importantly, this donation affords all of those in the Law Offices of Donald W. Hudspeth to be a part of an effort that is for the greater good, an effort that will give others the chance to experience the success that they in the firm are experiencing.
D. Recognition: Naming of Room
In recognition of the contributions set forth in this Agreement, the ASU Beneficiary will name Room 655 located in the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law the “Law Offices of Donald W. Hudspeth, P.C Seminar Room,” in accordance with Foundation and University policies for naming.