Phoenix Aviation Contract and Lien Dispute Lawyers Provide Vital Legal Support
Established Arizona law firm represents airports, airlines and pilots
The aviation industry is an important part of the Arizona economy. Several airlines are based here and the state government reports that one in six jobs is related to aviation. This highly technical field raises a number of unique legal issues that require the services of an attorney familiar with this area of law. Backed by decades of business litigation experience and authoritative knowledge of aviation law, the Law Offices of Donald W. Hudspeth P.C. effectively serves the legal needs of the aviation industry and the other commercial endeavors that depend on it.
Skillful attorneys handle issues relating to aviation regulation, financing and disputes
Given aviation’s tremendous effect on interstate and worldwide commerce, the industry is subject to federal and international laws and regulations, in addition to Arizona rules governing aviation and business relationships in general. Our firm uses our aviation law knowledge to assist with a large number of legal matters, including:
- Corporate and commercial aviation issues — Airlines, privately-owned airports, and other aviation-related companies require the same corporate, organizational and contractual legal services as do other businesses.
- Aviation financing and liens — Operating an airport or airline is an expensive endeavor. The amount of financing required and the creditor-debtor issues it may involve demand the services of a capable business lawyer.
- Aviation regulation — State, federal and international regulations often require adept legal counsel for compliance issues and, if necessary, to contest regulatory actions.
- Airport and Fixed-Base Operator (FBO) representation — Airports and FBOs (companies that service aircraft) require a variety of contracts and other legal services and, occasionally, representation in courts and before regulators.
- Airline representation — Airlines have their own legal needs arising from the fact that they are interstate carriers and also must enter into contracts with airports and FBOs.
- Aviation insurance — Airports and airlines need insurance to cover themselves for potentially large losses and liability. An attorney can be crucial to dealing with insurance claims and other issues.
We adeptly provide legal counsel on all of these types of matters to our aviation clients.
Can an aviation service provider place a mechanic’s lien on an aircraft?
Proprietors of hangars and other facilities that repair, maintain and fuel aircraft are entitled to impose a lien on the aircraft they service for the cost of the labor, materials, supplies and storage they provide. These service providers can impose the lien even without retaining possession of the aircraft by filing a document at the county recorder of deeds office within 30 days after surrendering possession. However, this lien would not bind a purchaser of the aircraft who doesn’t have actual notice of the lien unless it is also filed in the Federal Aviation Administration’s aircraft registry. Once the debt underlying the lien is satisfied, the lienholder has 30 days to release the lien by notifying the offices where it is recorded. Otherwise, the lien holder risks liability for any resulting damages incurred by the mortgagor, trustor or current owner of the aircraft. We can provide the necessary services to ensure the timely creation or release of the lien and litigate for payment of the debt or damages for a failure to release it.
Contact a dedicated Phoenix aviation contract and lien disputes law firm
The Law Offices of Donald W. Hudspeth P.C. take a practical approach to the many problems arising from aviation law, such as contracts and mechanics’ liens. To schedule a consultation, call our Phoenix firm today at 866-696-2033 or contact us online.