Phoenix Business Lawyers Manage All Levels of Litigation
Helping businesses throughout Arizona resolve conflicts cost-effectively
When it comes to business litigation in Phoenix, the attorneys at Law Offices of Donald W. Hudspeth P.C., are vigilant advocates on behalf of their clients. Litigation is stressful. Our business law attorneys in Phoenix strive for a quick and beneficial resolution, working tirelessly with you throughout the entire legal process. However, since every attorney at our law firm has hands-on experience dealing with Phoenix, Arizona and federal courtroom procedures, we will not sacrifice your best interest because we are fearful of going to court. Our law firm consistently produces successful results for our clients, changing a business dispute into a business opportunity.
Our role as arbitrators and mediators
Not all business litigation matters need go to court. Some can be successfully settled out of court through alternative dispute resolution, which includes arbitration or mediation. The attorneys at Law Offices of Donald W. Hudspeth P.C. are experienced and skilled in this area of practice.
In arbitration and mediation proceedings, attorneys from our firm act as the neutral third party to your business dispute. Arbitration is a mini trial, where the arbitrator acts as judge. In binding arbitration, parties agree to accept the ruling no matter what; in nonbinding arbitration, parties reserve the right to take the matter to trial if they are unsatisfied with the outcome. In mediation, a mediator guides negotiations until parties arrive at a settlement or decide to take that matter to court.
The benefits of alternative dispute resolution are many. The process is:
- Confidential with private, rather than public, filings and proceedings
- Less expensive
- Less time-consuming
In mediation, the parties control the outcome and the results can be unique, accommodating their particular circumstances. Our Phoenix litigation law firm has represented small and large businesses and financial institutions in alternative dispute resolutions.
Experienced representation at all stages of business litigation
When your case must go to court, our Phoenix business attorneys can represent your business in:
- State and federal trial court
- State and federal courts of appeals
- Multi-party litigation — a lawsuit in which many individuals are represented in one case
- Small claims court — civil court where disputes are heard for smaller damage amounts
No matter what stage of litigation you find yourself, our attorneys are ready to assert your rights and fight for a fair resolution.
Minority shareholders in a limited liability company that were investors in a failed business. They had also been frozen out of the business by the majority interest holders for a number of years. Upon filing of a Verified Complaint, the majority interest holders elected not to answer and the clients received a settlement of nearly $1 Million. The case was completed in 62 days.
- A minority shareholder in a family closely held corporation who was frozen out of the family business and unlawfully stripped of all of his stock. After only 32 days and without litigation, the client received full value for his shares which amounted to nearly $1 Million.
- President of a prominent technological university in connection with a widely publicized civil action filed by the New Jersey Attorney General against the university, its President, and Chairman of the Board, charging financial mismanagement, excessive spending of endowment investment gains, improper handling of specific endowments and investments, failure to properly maintain records and accounts, excessive compensation of the President, and numerous breaches of fiduciary duty.
- Partnership and its General Partner in litigation brought by Limited Partners (partners with limited shares) seeking to withdraw from the Partnership that owned and operated an international hotel franchise in the Virgin Islands. The Limited Partners sought to withdraw from the Partnership based upon allegations of financial mismanagement, theft and improper diversion of assets, and various breaches of fiduciary duty by the General Partner. Prior to trial, the Limited Partners’ principal cause of action was dismissed by way of summary judgment. A three-day deposition of the Limited Partners’ forensic accountant resulted in the abandonment of the Limited Partners’ claim that the General Partner diverted $9 Million in partnership assets. The General Partner and Partnership obtained a very favorable settlement on the day of trial.
- Acute health care facility in a multi-million-dollar breach of contract lawsuit filed against a prominent New Jersey insurance carrier. The client received a very favorable settlement after obtaining summary judgment on its principal claims.
- Large marine salvage and dredging company in litigation relating to public contract procurement of multi-million dollar dredging contracts for its dredging of the New York Harbor.
- Former General Partner of the New York Yankees in a large collection matter in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Large Certified Public Accounting firm in defense of securities fraud action filed by a private litigant based upon allegations of material misleading information set forth in the audited financial statements of an international corporation.
- Plaintiff in a $4.5 Million estate litigation wherein the client sued his brother and only coheir to the estate for refusing to submit to a valuation of the estate assets which included a closely held family business in addition to numerous other precious metals and diamonds. The Court ordered a full appraisal and accounting and the client received his fair share of the estate.
- Packaging and labeling specialist company against a lawsuit brought by DAP Chemical Corporation alleging, inter alia, consumer fraud violations in Federal Court. The claims totaled over $2 Million. The consumer fraud count, totaling over $1 Million, was dismissed for failure to state a claim upon which relief could be granted prior to filing an answer.
- Technology company providing all of the police departments in the State of New Jersey with E-Ticketing technology. The author of the computer code crashed the entire statewide E-ticketing system for days while demanding additional monies beyond those contractually obligated to be provided by my client. The matter resolved without any additional payments being made by the client.
- Multi-State provider of scaffolding materials to construction sites in a bankruptcy proceeding wherein a NYC construction union was attempting to collect over $4 Million from my client for debts owed by the company my client bought assets from in a bankruptcy sale, free and clear of all liens. Following oral argument, the Court dismissed the union’s claims and awarded the client over $12,000 in attorneys’ fees.
- Prosecutor’s Office Detective in defense of an 18 U.S.C. § 1983 lawsuit resulting from a fatal shooting of the Plaintiff during an altercation. The lawsuit was dismissed against the client without any payment.
Contact a Phoenix law firm capable of managing your business litigation
Law Offices of Donald W. Hudspeth P.C., PC takes a practical approach to business litigation. By identifying your goals and pursuing them with the appropriate litigation strategy, we are able to control costs and resolve disputes in a timely manner. To schedule a consultation with a litigation professional, call our Phoenix firm today at 866-696-2033 or contact us online.