Phoenix Appellate Attorneys Advocate for the Reversal of Legal Errors
Arizona business litigators handle appeals in both federal and state court
If a case goes to judgment in the trial court, one of the sides will almost certainly be disappointed. However, that might not be the end of it. If there is reason to believe that the trial court committed a legal error, the aggrieved party can appeal the decision to a higher court. At the Law Offices of Donald W. Hudspeth, P.C., our accomplished business litigators have substantial experience handling appeals in both state and federal courts and will make every legal effort to overturn a wrongful decision.
How Phoenix appellate lawyers can help your business after trial
No matter how well an attorney presents a case or defense, there is no guarantee that he or she will win, but if that outcome is predicated by a mistaken judgment by the court, an appeal might be worthwhile. As seasoned litigators, we know how to spot errors within a trial transcript, and as appellate attorneys, we offer comprehensive counsel on ways to reverse a bad decision or affirm a resolution that is being challenged. These include:
- Post-trial motions — This step, taken after verdict, is often necessary to preserve issues for appeal. We present well-drafted motions for clients seeking a reversal and also oppose appeals when our clients have won at trial.
- Appeal evaluation — Before taking an appeal, it is necessary to determine that your argument has sufficient merit so that you don’t waste time and money. We carefully assess the case and potential grounds for appeal on behalf of a losing litigant and make an honest recommendation to our clients whether or not to appeal.
- Handling the appeal — If we do take an appeal, we will manage every step throughout the entire process, including brief drafting and presenting oral arguments. Should you opt to have our firm serve as co-counsel with the attorney who tried the case, we can do that as well.
Even appeals that appear to have merit may prove unsuccessful in the end, but we are prepared to work tirelessly until either the appeal is won or the appellate process is exhausted.
What appellate matters do we handle?
Our practice is focused on business law and, therefore, so is our appellate practice. Our appeals typically involve such issues as:
- Employment law, including terms of employment contracts, discrimination and wrongful termination
- Contractual issues between businesses
- Indemnification and hold harmless clauses
- Construction disputes
- Defamation and libel
- Medical, legal and other professional malpractice cases
- Health care law
- Intellectual property issues, such as patents, copyrights and trademarks
- Commercial leases
Our experience and deep grounding in these and other business law areas give us an edge in preparing and presenting an effective argument for our appellate clients.
Contact a Phoenix appellate law firm
Law Office of Donald W. Hudspeth, P.C., will take an honest, careful and practical approach to appeals from trial court decisions in Arizona and federal courts. To schedule a consultation with a knowledgeable appellate lawyer, call our office today at 866-696-2033 or contact us online. Located in midtown Phoenix, our office is easily accessed by light rail or car, with plenty of available parking.